About Me

My photo
CA, United States
I have been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years. I love being with my children and feel so blessed and lucky to have the opportunity to do so, but I often get lost in the shuffle of it all. I have tried to lose weight and get in shape many times in my life, with varying degrees of success. It has seemed especially hard since having kids. So, I've decided to sliver out a little piece of time for myself to get back in shape and get back to feeling good about myself. I am hoping that this blog will help me find an outlet to talk about my experiences and find a community of people who have similar goals. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

Friday, August 13, 2010

The pre-race run

Once again, I decided to skip the program run and do my own thing.  Today, my own thing was to run two miles without stopping.  Not 20 minutes or two miles, whichever comes first, but two miles, and today I timed myself (to the minute, not second).  This was a very good idea because what I found was I was doing a lot better than I thought I was.  At then end of the first mile, I was at about 9-10 minutes.  I stopped briefly to stretch my calves and take off my sweatshirt (about 1 minute) then got right back to it.  My second mile was slower, about 11-12  minutes, but to have gone start to finish in 23-24 minutes, I was very pleased with myself.  Sure, I have room for improvement, but I feel much more confidant going into my race on Saturday and feel a little closer to where I was before vacation.  That is some great progress and I am so relieved for it!  I will keep this brief today and end with a promise of details from the first race (and a picture if I can muster it!)...Saturday is the first real test of my progress and I feel better about it than I could have hoped.  I am filled with excitement and confidence and the knowledge that I CAN do it!

5 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME! You are going to do great tomorrow! We will be thinking about you and waiting to hear about your amazing first race!!!

    Fall and Christmas are both awesomeness. And you are awesomeness for knowing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I see you are a nemesis of mine now in the Great Gu Give-a-way. I know where your real love is now don't I. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks...and Kelli...I love you, but I love free stuff too...it was kind of my own little Sophie's choice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand. I suppose I can move past this. Unless you actually win. Then I think we may have a problem.

    ReplyDelete