About Me

My photo
CA, United States
I have been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years. I love being with my children and feel so blessed and lucky to have the opportunity to do so, but I often get lost in the shuffle of it all. I have tried to lose weight and get in shape many times in my life, with varying degrees of success. It has seemed especially hard since having kids. So, I've decided to sliver out a little piece of time for myself to get back in shape and get back to feeling good about myself. I am hoping that this blog will help me find an outlet to talk about my experiences and find a community of people who have similar goals. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Running on vacation

I have very limited time at the moment to write.  My sister is undergoing surgery today for a herniated disc in her neck, my mom as with her at the hospital and I am watching over my children and my brother's as well.  I have been having a very enjoyable vacation and have found it to packed full of daytime and evening activities that my C25K journey has been temporarily interrupted.  I have been getting in some quick jogs on the treadmill and even tried running on the treadmill with a Wii remote in the running program.  made it less boring, but still, not the same.  My runs have not been routine and I regret that, but I have been having an incredible vacation.  I will be getting home next Thursday and intend to get back on the horse once I do.  I think I will have to backtrack a bit...do a few workouts from earlier weeks and ramp back to Week 6 and beyond.

I continue to appreciate the support I get from my fellow C25Kers and I hope that your journies are continuing with great success.  I very much look forward to returning to my routine and completing my program!  While a little sidetracked for the moment, I continue to be sure that I CAN DO IT!

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you are enjoying family time! Cherish that...you can get back running time, but you can't replace family time! You will get back on track with C25K and you will do great!!!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your sisters surgery went well, sounds a bit scary. Agree with Connie there will be time for the running after vacation enjoy your family time :)

    ReplyDelete