About Me

My photo
CA, United States
I have been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years. I love being with my children and feel so blessed and lucky to have the opportunity to do so, but I often get lost in the shuffle of it all. I have tried to lose weight and get in shape many times in my life, with varying degrees of success. It has seemed especially hard since having kids. So, I've decided to sliver out a little piece of time for myself to get back in shape and get back to feeling good about myself. I am hoping that this blog will help me find an outlet to talk about my experiences and find a community of people who have similar goals. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

No week, no day - a case of spontaneous fun time

It is difficult to stick with the running routine while on vacation.  My us for dinner after work.  mom and I decided on Thursday to take a day trip to Boston so we could bring the kiddos to the Boston Children's Museum.  I figured I would hit the treadmill when we returned.  It was a very good time and my children really loved this amazing museum.  As we were heading into the museum gift shop, my mom slipped away for a few minutes and when she returned, she announced that she has used points to book us a room at a hotel for the night.  That way, she figured, we could go hit Quincy Market, get some dinner and then take the kids to the aquarium the next day.  We were totally unprepared, so we needed to go pick up some clean clothes and pajamas (thank goodness for the $2.99 deals at The Children's Place!!), diapers and toothbrushes, but what the heck, I was game.

We had a fabulous night and returned to the hotel with two exhausted human beings (and the kids were pretty spent too).  The next morning as we were getting ready to go out, my mom decided extend the stay another night and make another entire day of it.  We had another killer day and my sister came and joined us for dinner and merriment after work.  We had so much fun!

Today we hit the IMAX Theater, shopped around and had lunch at Pizzeria Regina (the greatest pizza EVER).  Finally we loaded up the car (much heavier than when we unloaded it, that's for sure) and headed back to my folk's place.  It was amazing fun and living a bit spontaneously always does something good for your soul and spirit!

So, this is a very long winded way to tell you all that I haven't run since Tuesday.  I will get out tomorrow, but I am not quite sure what I will do.  I need to sleep on it and see wh\at feels right in the morning.  Until then, I hope you are all doing well and making great progress.  Despite the lack of structure, I know I will get back on course.  I am determined to finish this program and have fitness be a part of my regular routine.  And I know, if I am determined to do something, that I CAN DO IT!  And I will :-)

3 comments:

  1. You may not have run since Tuesday but I'll bet your doing a whole lot of walking what with the museum, market, aquarium and everything else. Its important to have fun as well. Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to vacation in Boston! Family time is so very important!
    I started W1D1 today...went so well, and I'm looking forward to my next run! I have a blog that I started, just picked back up on posting. http://snicklefritz64.blogspot.com/
    Feel free to check it out (still learning how to blog...work in progress!) and comment...encouragement is highly encouraged!!! ;o)
    Thanks!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. My time and availablity to read other blogs is very limited right now, but when I return home, I'll check out the blog and get back to my routine!

    ReplyDelete