About Me

My photo
CA, United States
I have been a stay at home mom for the last 5 years. I love being with my children and feel so blessed and lucky to have the opportunity to do so, but I often get lost in the shuffle of it all. I have tried to lose weight and get in shape many times in my life, with varying degrees of success. It has seemed especially hard since having kids. So, I've decided to sliver out a little piece of time for myself to get back in shape and get back to feeling good about myself. I am hoping that this blog will help me find an outlet to talk about my experiences and find a community of people who have similar goals. I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Week 7 finale and feeling good!

I had a great run today!  I am so happy to say it because it has been a long time since I've been able to do so.  I began at the same place (once again) that my race began and I followed the same route, except instead of turning around at the one mile mark, I kept running along a little one lane dirt trail that follows the coast line.  It is only about .25 miles until it takes a big turn and moves steeply upward, but it was long enough for me today.  When I got to that point, there was a tiny little trail about 50 feet long that led right out to the water and a huge piece of drift wood.  I stopped there to take a look and stretch my calves (because let me tell you, they get so darn tight and I can't really seem to stretch enough to keep them loose) and after about 2 or 3 minutes, I was back on my way.  I stopped again only for a few seconds to greet a father and his daughter that I knew and I ran back to the park.  I ran the rest of the way and had no inclination or desire to stop at all.  I was enjoying it and feeling really good.  My journey was 32 minutes start to stop which is not great, but I did it!  And for the first time in a while I am really looking forward to my next run.

I hope this keeps up and I feel like today was a major breakthrough mentally for me.  Another good run or two and I will believe that I am back on track.  For now, I remain cautiously optimistic and surer than I have been in a long time that I CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment